March 22 – 23, 2014
10 am – 5 pm
With Robert Diamante
$300, a $100 deposit will reserve your space.
GPS (GOOD PHOTO SKILLS) for Artists: Image Retouching for Jewelers
The advent of digital photography has made photographing your own work easier. Many jewelers are opting for DIY creative services and easier ways to achieve the quality they demand. This class addresses the specific concerns you might have while creating, retouching, and managing your photographs.
This class will introduce people to the essentials of working with image editing programs, primarily with Photoshop (demonstrations will be conducted using CS6).
During the class we will work with:
- Basics of camera settings and shooting for the best possible quality
- File formats: RAW, TIFF, JPEG, PNG – learn how and when the best use for each
- Retouching “non-destructively” with images to maintain quality
- Working in layers
- Managing color
- Retouching various metal finishes
- Retouching gemstones in jewelry
- How to save and store files safely to avoid data loss
- How to create ads
- How to create an e-news campaign using a broadcast service (such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact)
- Formatting for a social media campaign
The class will be broken up into two days. On the first day we will be working primarily with your images. Robert will give periodic demonstrations and work individually with people.
Day two we will address the ways your images can be put to use for advertising and social media.
Students will need a computer with an image editing program, either Photoshop http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html or GIMP http://www.gimp.org.
Fill in the form below to register for your workshop*.
*Your workshop registration is not complete without payment of class fees.
Submit registration form for instructions.
[contact-form-7 id=”1401″ title=”Workshop Registration for Jayne Redman Studio”]